Every family tree produces some nuts. ~Unknown

Saturday, June 19, 2010

A Day at the Beach

What a perfect Saturday over Father's Day weekend! Jon and I took our time getting out of bed this morning with the kids already awake and prepared to start their day. Moving sluggishly, relaxing on the couch, the morning moved slowly but steadily and we just enjoyed each other. By lunch time Zachary was up for his nap, and I was ready to get out of the apartment for a little family fun!
So we packed up the car with towels, kites, water shoes, and kids, to head out to the beach. We grabbed a quick bite and off we went to Asan Beach. The sky was not clear, but all the clouds that hung in the air were white and fluffy and full of rabbits or ducks and even a hammock hanging between 2 trees! Your imagination was the only limit to what your eye could see in the sea of clouds above us!
The beach was great, with clear warm waters to wade into. Zachary, Jon and I spent most of the time out in the water, playing and splashing around, while Natalie work on building castles in the sand. Eventually Jon joined her to show her how its done. I tried but was quickly relieved with the comment from Jon that I am not cut out for construction work! I agreed, I much prefer the work of motherhood, so I played with Zachary more in the water and snapped a few photos as Jon and Natalie set to work.
Soon the castle was finished, and just in time! Some light sprinkles began and almost instantly gave way to a downpour. We laughed as we ran rather pathetically to the car. As I shut Natalie's door, in the few seconds it had been opened, I had noted that the little pocket on the side had already begun to fill with rain water! We joked as we started the car that God was simply trying to save us the intermediate step of going home before getting a shower to wash off the salt and sand!
Unfortunately the kites were left a little damp but basically untouched. I guess that adventure will be saved for another day, preferably a drier day!
To wrap up our fun day, we came home and after cleaning up, watched a movie together as Zachary napped. Natalie and Jon are working on planting something on the patio as I type. And for dinner we are going to grill some yummy steak! I'd say 'Mission Accomplished!' on a wonderful weekend....and its not even over with yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment