Every family tree produces some nuts. ~Unknown

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Almost There!

We are getting so excited for our little boy! Zachary is well on his way to the doorway of mobility- walking. I am thrilled to share he is beginning to actually sit himself up on his own from lying down. He just sort of twists his body to one side, gets up on his elbow and pushes up the rest of the way- no outside leverage! He started doing this yesterday and has repeated it several times today! I am also thrilled to share that he has stood on his one for a second about 2-3 times. The first time was a few days ago, it was adorable! He was holding onto the kitchen gate watching me wash dishes. I looked over at him and sang him a short and sweet verse from 'our song'- 'You Are My Sunshine'. And as usual, he went to applaud after I was finished, and I guess he just forgot he needed to hang on to stay up! He clapped his hands together, standing there for that instant, then plopped onto his diaper-padded tushy! He also seemed to forget one of the other times as he was playing around the coffee table, and the 3rd time he did it intentionally, yesterday. He was playing with Natalie's Little People playhouse, and he just pushed himself off it to standing! It is so exciting to see how quickly he is making these improvements! I definitely think now that it has begun he is moving through the process faster then Natalie did. She stood for the first time at 1 and still didn't really walk until 15 months.
Even in his speech I am continuing to see such improvement. He even says 'thank you' in his own language regularly- like when I ask him for his box of wipes which he isn't supposed to play with but often sneaks into. I hold my hand out for it and he happily hands it to me and says 'thank you', probably because I have always said thank you to him after he hands it over! 'Cracker' is another key word in his vocabulary as well. He is even beginning to associate and mimic certain sounds with some objects and pretends with them! I was particularly enjoying his last bath as he was playing with his bathtub car wash set by Sassy. He would run the cars around the track, but also up on the tub edge making sounds I can only imagine he thinks a car should make! He even handed me one so I could join in!
I just love my sweet baby boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment