Every family tree produces some nuts. ~Unknown

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

As For Me

As for me, I am having a blast with a number of new and growing projects going on right now.
I am currently planning a birthday party for a wonderful friend's 2 young daughters. They will be leaving us in a month and it will be a tearful goodbye, but I am excited for now to plan a beautiful birthday party for her girls as she worries about packing and preparing for this move. It is going to be a garden theme, with ladybugs and butterflies. The invitations I finished designing for the most part today, I just need to make about 6 this weekend to hand out! Then onto the flower decorations for the walls, and butterflies to hang from the ceiling, if things go as planned. On it's way as I type is a jumbo pinwheel craft for the kids to do, and maybe some of the adults as well. And I even snagged a face painting kit, because what little girl doesn't love to proudly wear a flower or butterfly on their cheek! I am also looking forward to making the 2 cakes, one for each girl. A ladybug cake and a butterfly cake, and more opportunity for me to stretch my imagination and practice my cake decorating skills!
Another, longer term project, is my Mommy's Piggy Tales blogs. I am truly enjoying recording all my memories for this joint project with so many other wonderful woman. I have already gone ahead and written the next 3 weeks posts for 3rd through 6th grade! What am I going to do with myself when I am done? Look forward to another session in October, that is for sure! Reading the memories from the other ladies has also helped me explore beyond the blogging world I had known, and I have met so many wonderful blogging mommys! It is inspiring to read their posts and they give me ideas for my own!
Speaking of blogging, I just can't seem to stop! I have been writing something at least every other day and I am having so much fun. It seems I have finally realized my options for writing are limitless, and it has set me free! I have a number of sub projects with my blog besides the walk down memory lane with Mommy's Piggy Tales, I am also trying to start 2 new memes, Teach Me Tuesdays and Thankful Thursdays, and I attempted to start a story using a Create a Story link tool, hoping someone else would finish the storyline I began. Unfortunately, so far, no one has written anything to add, but as per a friend's request, I have already written a 'part 2' myself that I will post next week if no one else contributes. It may end up being a very long term project. I am enjoying the characters very much already!
Well that is whats going on in my quarter of our small family, in between all the playtime and housework! Thanks for stopping by to see how we are!

No comments:

Post a Comment